EligibilityIn general, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted as a degree-seeking student, or
- Be accepted as a certificate-seeking student in an eligible program (State grants are not available)
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress for financial aid
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident alien
- Enroll at least half time (6 credits)
- Not be in default on prior student loans
- Not owe a repayment or overpayment of a federal grant
- Be registered for Selective Service
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
How to Apply
You must complete a new FAFSA each year.
You must also submit some new documents each year.
It is best to begin this process AFTER you have filed your taxes.
You can begin your Financial Aid Process while you are waiting for your acceptance.
- ADU General Admissions Application
ADU must have a General Studies application. You will receive an email approximately 24-48 hours after the ADU Admissions Application is processed regarding how to access your ADU username and password.
- Federal Financial Aid Application
Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. ADU School Code: 031155 As soon as we receive your FAFSA we will send you an e-mail and a letter to your mailing address with further instructions. You may make corrections to your FAFSA if needed.
- ADU Financial Aid Application
Go to my.adu.edu and click the "Apply Online" Tab.
Click on the “Documents” Tab and submit all required documents for processing Financial aid will be awarded after you are accepted to ADU and all documents are received.
- Online Financial Aid System
The Financial Aid System allows you to see:
- General Financial Aid Important Information
- Loan history
- Access forms
- Disbursement of Aid
Disbursement of financial aid will begin approximately 1-2 weeks following Drop/Add and continue each week throughout the trimester students complete and meet all eligibility requirements. Once the disbursements are posted, you may view them at my.adu.edu. Charges will be deducted at that time. Any remaining amount of financial aid will be processed as a refund. If charges remain on your account after disbursements or if subsequent charges are made to your student account, it is your responsibility to pay for them.
We recommend completing your taxes first.
Respond promptly to any requests and notify us immediately if you move or change your telephone number.
When completing the FAFSA your name should be exactly the same as indicated on your Social Security Card.
Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you are eligible when completing the FAFSA. Using this tool may lower your probability of being selected for verification and providing additional documents for that process.