An Unforgetable Life-Changing Experience in Greece and Israel
When reading the Scriptures, did you ever wish you could visit the sites where some of its stories took place? Nothing can ever give more insight into the Bible and its messages than a personal trip to the Bible lands. Here is an opportunity to see, to hear, to taste, and to experience the places where the prophets and the apostles lived and worked. We invite you to travel with us in the footsteps of Jesus and the Apostle Paul. This type of trip can also be an eye-opening experience for a study of world religions, such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Tour Cost: $2660 (plus international airfare)
Minimum 20 participants and double hotel room occupancy. The cost of the tour comes close to the cost of 6 credits of tuition at ADU. POCKET MONEY will be for souvenirs and snacks.
To earn up to 6 credits, you need to register for two of the following classes (Summer 2017 term): RELB 103-T Introduction to the Bible (3 credits); RELT 368-T World Religions for the Healthcare Professions (3 credits); RELB 379-T Lessons on Living: Biblical Perspectives (3 credits).
$500 deposit per person is required when you sign up for the tour. A second deposit of $1,500 is due by October 22, 2016. Final payment is due no later than December 15, 2016. See the cancellation policy below. All payments should be made through ADU student finance office.
All cancellations requests must be submitted in writing. If received before October 22, 2016 you are entitled to a full-refund. Cancellations after October 22, 2016 will forfeit the entire cost of the tour.
As part of the tour costs, we will be purchasing basic travel insurance for each person on the tour. If you want you may purchase additional coverage on your own.
The tour is subject to safe travel conditions in both countries.
International Airline Tickets:
Chaplain Bill Crofton will handle int’l flight arrangements so that we travel together as a group. If you arrive separately from the group, you are responsible for your own transport to and from the airport. For lodging outside of the group travel dates, you need to book and pay for it. Since our flight will depart from Tel Aviv very early on Sunday morning we have not reserved hotel rooms in Israel for Saturday night, May 6.
- Monday April 24, 2017 – Departure from Orlando (MCO).
- Tuesday April 25 - Arrive in Athens, transfer to the hotel.
- Wednesday April 26 – Visit the ancient Acropolis and its museum. Stand on Areopagus where the Apostle Paul addressed the group of Greek philisophers. Shop in the famous section in Athens called Plaka. Stroll by the Temple to Zeus. Overnight in Athens.
- Thursday April 27 – Visit the ancient city of Corinth with the ruins of Acrocorinth in the background. Tour the ruins of the temple to Apollo and the Bema where the Apostle Paul spoke. Stop on the way by the Corinth Canal. Return to the hotel in Athens.
- Friday April 28 - Leave for Meteora and make a stop by Thermopylae Battle Monument. Overnight in Kalambaka.
- Sabbath April 29 - Tour the spectacular monasteries in Meteora built my the ancient monks on the “columns of the sky”. Overnight in Kalambaka.
- Sunday April 30 – Return to Athens. See the change of the guards in front of the Greek Parliament. Free time in Athens.
- Monday May 1 – Fly to Tel Aviv. In Galille, tour the historic Nazareth village and enjoy a meal from Jesus’ time. Visit the Church of Annunciation.
- Tuesday May 2 - Sail on the Sea of Galilee. See the remains of Peter’s house in Capernaum. Visit the Church of Beatitudes. Travel to Jerusalem through Jordan Valley.
- Wednesday May 3 – Explore Jerusalem’s most sacred site, the Temple Mount. Tour Herodion, Herod’s palace and burial place. Visit Bethlehem. Free time in Old Jerusalem.
- Thursday May 4 - Visit Masada, King Herod’s desert fortress and Qumran, the site of the famous Dead Sea Scrolls. Swim (or float) in the Dead Sea.
- Friday May 5 - In Jerusalem, visit the Israeli Museum and stop by the Great Synagogue. After supper welcome the Sabbath at the Western Wall.
- Sabbath May 6 - Worship in the Garden Tomb. Visit the Mount of Olives, Gethsemane, and the Holy Sepulcher. Transfer to the airport in Tel Aviv.