Undergraduate admission to ADU is a two-step process. Step One: Applicants are first processed for General Studies admission before consideration to a professional program. When your file is complete it will be reviewed by the General Studies Admissions committee. An application is complete when the following items are received:
- ADU Application
- $20 application fee
- Official high school transcript or GED scores
- Official ACT/SAT scores
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Applicants who attended high school or college outside the United States will be required to submit a foreign credential evaluation for that coursework. We will accept evaluations from the following credential evaluation companies:
- World Education Services (WES). www.wes.org
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). www.ece.org
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. www.aes-edu.org
Applicants are responsible for the cost of these reports and will need to follow the instructions provided by the individual credential evaluation company. Please note that documents in a foreign language must be translated into English by a separate translation company and submitted with official transcripts to the credential evaluation company. International transcripts must be evaluated course-by-course for college/university or document-by-document for High School.
Evaluations received from any other transcript evaluation companies will not be considered to fulfill admission requirements and will not be retained in the applicant’s file.
Prospective students will be considered for Regular acceptance status when the application process is completed at least six weeks before the registration date of the desired semester. Please refer to the application deadlines for more information.
Applicants may log in to Application Status to check the status of their application.
Upon being granted General Studies Admission, students may enroll in general education classes in the Department of Health and Biomedical Sciences. Acceptance to General Studies does not guarantee admission to professional program.
During the application process, be sure to log into your student account and click on "Financial Aid" to begin filling out the aid application. This process may take several days and is good to begin in advance. Financial aid will not be awarded until you have been admitted to the University.
Once you've been accepted, we'll need you to complete a background check for General Studies admission. Only admitted students will be able to begin this process. If you haven't been admitted yet, contact your Enrollment Counselor to find out how to complete your admission file. We use VERIFYStudents to verify and ensure compliance with these standards. The background check will cost $48 and must be completed through the VERIFYStudents website before you are eligible to register for classes. In some cases, this fee may increase depending on additional costs charged by certain states. The student is responsible for all fees incurred during this process. Failure to provide or complete the verification process may result in delayed enrollment. Once admitted to a professional program, an additional background check may be required. Program students will also be required to complete a drug screening and submit proof of immunizations before they are eligible to begin the program.
- Log onto VerifyStudents.com.
- Click "Students Start Here," and enter the special promotional code listed on the sheet included with your admission letter.
- Complete the online application section in its entirety.
- Pay the processing fee. You are responsible for all charges incurred in this process. No refunds will be issued.
Please note that it may take 3-5 business days for ADU to receive the results of your background check. Once these are received and verified, your registration hold will be removed. If you have any questions about this process, please call the Office of Student Services at 407-303-8016.